Also known as a French press, press pots are a great way to brew coffee for a single person or a group. With minimal equipment and a built in reusable filter, press pots can create an amazing robust brew without a lot of hassle. If you’re new to home brewing, they’re pretty goof proof.
- Pre-heat press pot with hot water; dump out.
- Grind beans medium-coarse and add to pot.
- Set timer for 4 minutes 30 seconds.
- Start timer while pouring a small amount of hot water over the coffee, just enough to saturate all the grounds.
- After initial bloom subsides (15-30 seconds), stir and evenly pour in remaining water. Replace the lid with the plunger extended.
- Once time expires, slowly and evenly press plunger down.
- Pour into a warm mug. Extra coffee should be poured into a thermal carafe. Enjoy!
*Press pots vary in size. Check the capacity of yours at home and make adjustments as necessary.